Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-1KK - Need Windows XP drivers

1. Satellite L500-1KK - Need Windows XP drivers
    Beginner
    My new laptop is Satellite L500-1KK and I can not find WinXP drivers for it. I hope to find a good help

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite L500-1KK - Need Windows XP drivers
    Luke
    Hello

The Satellite L500-1KK belongs to the PSLJTE series and therefore you can find all drivers on the Toshiba page:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

I have checked the page and it seems that all XP drivers are available.

But why you want to change the OS? Are you not satisfied with the Toshiba preinstalled OS?

Greets

3. Re: Satellite L500-1KK - Need Windows XP drivers
    Beginner
    My father brought it but he bring with him only the charger and the labtop(without any CDs) , and the hard disk was not partitioned.
    Can i obtain a version of windows 7 with the serial number of my labtop?
    Thanks

4. Re: Satellite L500-1KK - Need Windows XP drivers
    Master
    Hi

You can create a Toshiba recovery disk yourself. This disk contains an image of factory settings, that means the preinstalled OS (Windows 7) with all drivers and tools from Toshiba. This is the same settings as you have started the notebook the first time.
    Please read also the user manual to get more informations. ;)

On the bottom side of the notebook you can find a product key that belongs to the preinstalled Windows 7. Itís an OEM key that only works with preinstalled OS.