Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7

1. Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Beginner
    Hi there guys,

its been a few weeks since installing Windows 7, only for the last few days have i actually bothered to install toshiba software (dont stone me!).

Right now I've been scratching my head when installing the webcam drivers. When the install is done and after a reset, all it says is Webcam failed to initialize, please restart cam or computer.

Restarting the laptop wont do anything

I am using a Toshiba Satellite pro A300 PSAGDA-01C00R, do these drivers simply not work for the time being on 7?

any help would be great, thanks!

2. Re: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Akuma
    Do you have skype or a messenger program installed? Maybe its taking control of the webcam.

3. Re: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Beginner
    Yes, latest versions of Windows Live and Yahoo messenger, should i uninstall these?

4. Re: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Beginner
    The camera 'Chicony' works with messenger but all the control are blanked out.. I understand that it is not the drivers but the camera assistant software that is needed. I have sent an email to Toshiva Technical Support and awaiting response. If any on the forum can please help to find this softwware I will be much obliged.
    Thanks for help
    Please email krishenacharia@hotmail.co.uk

5. Re: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Beginner
    I have the same problem. I need chicony software application for my laptop Toshiba Satellite PSAG4E - 1G5...

6. Re: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Beginner
    Yes..i have the same problem. I need Chicony software application...

7. Re: Satellite Pro A300 PSAGDA: Problems installing webcam on Win 7
    Master
    Hello

I have installed THIS version of webcam driver on my Win7 preinstalled Satellite A300 and it works perfectly.

I have tested preinstalled software and it runs well. I have also tested it with Skype. No problems at all.
    Test it on your Satellite too.