Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite M40-need a drivers

1. Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Beginner
    Hello @ All!
    First, please excuse me for my fairly bad English :-) [I'm German]
    Because i had a lot of crashs, I decided to format and install Win XP. Now it works very well, but sometimes it doesn't starts up or turn itself off after a few seconds. Well, now i have a second problem, I don't have any drivers and so I can't use the network etc. It's very bad, because I can't find them. I just found the BIOS and Sound - Drivers/Updates..
    Can you help me please? Maybe they are small problems, but I don't know what to do :-(

2. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Master
    Hi Timo,

Did you re-install your XP system from the Toshiba Recovery Disks ? If so, you should have all the available drivers pre-installed. Any that you wish to update afterwards you should be able to download from the Toshiba Web-site.

HTH

3. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Beginner
    Hey!
    I used the Recovery CD at the first time, but after recovering it doens't work as good as now. I firstly want to install my network because Windows doesn't detect it, can you help me please? :-/

Edit: I can't find any network driver..

Message was edited by: redman

4. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Hello redman

The problem is that with you didn’t get a Tools & Utilities CD but you can make it alone. Please go to TOSHIBA ASSIST and there you can find an option “Protect & fix”. There you can see a shortcut called “Create drivers & Tools CD”.

Please crate your own Tools CD and there you will have all necessary tools & utilities.
    If you have more questions write again.

Bye

5. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Beginner
    I tried something else: How you know, there are 2 versions of M40 - M40X and M40 - When I go to the download area of Toshiba, I found all drivers, which I was looking for, but for the M40X one.. Question: Can I use this drivers too?

Thanks for your help so long

6. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Hi again

It is not the same machine and it is possible that these drivers will not work properly. Make the Tools CD on your own and keep it for any future handling.

7. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Beginner
    Hm, I don't know where I can find this assist on the German page :-/

8. Re: Satellite M40-need a drivers
    Master
    This is not on the Toshiba page but installed on your unit if the operating system is preinstalled with recovery DVD. You can find a shortcut on the desktop.