Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: After v1.90 BIOS update Satellite Pro A300-1EA wont boot up

1. After v1.90 BIOS update Satellite Pro A300-1EA wont boot up
    Beginner
    I have just upgraded my laptop to the new BIOS as stated in the title but after doing it my computer now wont boot up at all. I just get a blue screen with it asking me to do a CHKDSK because there might be a virus or that the hard drive isn't connected properly (when it is), and it just keeps rebooting.

It wont start in safe mode either. Anyone else had the same problem and if so, how do I get my laptop back?? :(

Thanks for any replies.

2. Re: After v1.90 BIOS update my notebook wont boot up
    Master
    Hi

Which notebook model do you have exactly?
    Have you tried to install OS again using Toshiba recovery image?
    It will be interesting to know if your notebook will works well with “factory settings” again.

Try to start recovery installation to see if the right menu will be shown on the screen.

3. Re: After v1.90 BIOS update my notebook wont boot up
    Beginner
    I have the Satellite Pro A300-1EA.
    I dont have the recovery image on the computer.
    And finally, how do i access the factory settings??

4. Re: After v1.90 BIOS update my notebook wont boot up
    Scholar
    Please don't be mad on me but I think you really didn't read user’s manuals you got with your notebook. There is exactly described how you can have “factory settings” again.
    So, now you are 100% sure that recovery image is not on the HDD but you don't know how to have “factory settings” again. Strange.

Remove battery, connect AC adapter only and disconnect all attached external devices.
    Start your notebook and enter BIOS settings. Set it to default settings and try to start OS again.

What happen exactly?

5. Re: After v1.90 BIOS update my notebook wont boot up
    Beginner
    Avoiding your sarcasm, i tried what you said and it booted just the same as before. Formatted the computer and reinstalled windows to get it working again.