Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300

1. Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Beginner
    HI,

I need to make my recovery disc's for my Satellite P300 (PSPCCA-05V01Y) but the Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working, as it is saying that there isnt a HDD Recover file on the pc.
    I tried before, and it had a problem with the core files, saying it was corrupt.
    So I was wondering if there is anyway I can download the HDD Recovery installation so that I can install it and bring it back to the 'factory state' and reburn the recovery disc's?
    Cheers for any help
    Mikey

2. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Master
    Hello Mikey

The situation is pretty complicated. When you got your notebook the recovery files was saved on second partition in “HDDRecovery” folder. The second partitions and saved files should not be changed.

If you have done something with second partition or this folder Toshiba recovery creator cannot find these files and recovery media cannot be created. This will works with “factory settings” only. but I see one other problem there.
    Theoretically, you can now install OS again using HDD recovery installation procedure, and with factory state you should be able to create DVD but if the Toshiba recovery creator cannot find the files I am afraid the HDD recovery installation can have the same problem.

If you want you can test it. Try to start HDD recovery installation.

3. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Beginner
    Cheers i tried that, but nothing there. i dont want to have to send it away again to get fixed, is there a way i can install it? or do i have to go to a service center and pay for them to do it? as i am recovering from a injury i dont have much money, so i want to do it myself if possible.

4. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Hi

You don’t need to send the notebook away to an ASP or something like that…
    Usually the Recovery disk creator should work and the recovery disk should be created immediately after the first boot.
    Then you would be 100% sure that no 3rd party application would affect the Recovery disk creator.

However, you could also order a new Recovery disk for this unit in order to recover the unit again…
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

5. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Beginner
    hey the only problem is, is that link is for europe, and i can find the Australian link.
    Does anyone know it? For the Backup media

6. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Hmm… if you have an Australian notebook model and live in Australian then you could contact the ASP in Australian for recovery disk.
    Here you can find the whole ASP database:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com -> Support & Download -> Find an Authorized Service Provider

7. Re: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator isn't working on my Satellite P300
    Beginner
    Cheers, found 1 not too far from me and am in contact with them. Thanks for the help!