Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?

1. Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?
    Beginner
    Hi,

Recently I have bought Satellite L500 with Windows Vista. I hope Toshiba make the Windows 7 drivers soon so I can install Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. Why does it take so long?

Would the drivers come I an few weeks or must we wait till next year?

Greats, from the netherlands!!

2. Re: Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?
    Beginner
    Hello,

I think i have found windows 7 drivers for the l500 serie.
    My laptop have almost the same specfication as the usa Satellite L500-ST2522 !

Follow this link and press downloads:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=2475067& rpn=PSLU0U&modelFilter=L500-ST2522&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663
    I go to test it soon!!

Greats,

Dennis

3. Re: Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?
    Master
    Hi Dennis,

First of all Iím pretty sure that Toshiba will release Windows 7 for this model because I founded this: http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/KBA9A02PX0000R01.htm

I think nobody at the moment can say how long it takes until Toshiba will release the drivers for this model but I can understand that not all drivers can be released on one or two days. I assume Toshiba do test the drivers before they upload them and this takes a little bit but I noticed that every day more and more drivers for Windows 7 will be released so check the Toshiba page from time to time.

Regarding the Windows 7 drivers on the US page itís really nice to read that you have founded another model with the same specification so I assume the drives should also work on your model. Iím waiting for a feedback from you because Iím thinking about buying Satellite L500 for Windows 7 too so it would be very nice to read your experience with the drivers here. :)

4. Re: Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?
    Beginner
    hi,

about 2 hours i start the windows 7 installation.
    I will send my experience and if i have any trouble.

BDW. The L500-128 is very nice laptop for only 590euro! core 2 duo&HD4570 grapiqs card.
    You could play every game realy smooth, (crysis on 1024x768 everything medium)

Grtz

5. Re: Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?
    Beginner
    Hello,

Windows 7 Professional is working correctly without installing any other driver!!
    Windows 7 Professional detect all drivers him self!! and my sattellite is running very smooth!!

I get this scores in w7(1,0/7,9):
    CPU: 5,6
    RAM:5,6
    Aero:5,1
    Games:6,2
    HD:5,5

Only with the installation i get some trouble, Install with the dvd dont work.... But installation wit a usb was very fast, and take only 30minutes.

Grtz,

Dennis

Message was edited by: Dmaster18

6. Re: Satellite L500-128 - When can I get Windows 7 drivers?
    Beginner
    Hello!
    I got the Satellite L500-152 model, and after instalation of WIN7, the wireless network won't work.
    Anyone know how to get a driver for the networkcard on this model? I can't find anything working..