Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Installation of Windows 7 very smooth with new installer

1. Installation of Windows 7 very smooth with new installer
    Beginner
    I installed Windows 7 on my NB205 last night. I used the "Toshiba Installer for Windows 7" which is available for download from their support site.This utility automatically downloads the needed drivers and patches and installs them. The installation was very smooth. I have been using my NB205 all morning and everything seems fine. Even the function keys are integrated with the Flash Card utility.

I have partitioned my drive and set up a dual boot so I can still use Windows XP with an old USB TV tuner I have, when need be. (This came in very handy when I had a power outage during an ice storm a few years ago. Unfortunately, my laptop battery only lasted 2 hours at the time. With the NB205 I will be able to handle a much longer power outage).

2. Do You Install This File AFTER Installing Windows 7?
    Enthusiast
    And then you run this file to get the downloads?

3. Re: Do You Install This File AFTER Installing Windows 7?
    Beginner
    Yes.

4. For Those Who Download This File, . . .
    Enthusiast
    It doesn't actually have to be installed like most programs do. Instead, you just need to stash the file someplace and then send it to the desktop and create a shortcut there. Then it works something like Windows Update. It checks your computer and then looks on line to see if there are newer drivers available. If so, it downloads them and installs them. It doesn't replace Windows Update so you need to run that occasionally in addition to running the Toshiba Update.