Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek

1. Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek
    Beginner
    Hello,

I'm studying in Germany now and I was thinking of buying the Satelite L500-164.
    The problem is, in all shops you can only buy it with German keyboard which I totally hate.

Is it possible to change it to an English(or Greek) one?
    How much will it cost? How long will it take?
    I thought about buying it from Toshiba directly but they don't sell it, so I guess I'm stuck with buying it and immediately sending it to service for keyboard change?

Are there any shops which sell it with English keyboard or can change it at demand?

Thanks a lot

2. Re: Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek
    Master
    > I thought about buying it from Toshiba directly but they don't sell it, so I guess I'm stuck with buying it and immediately sending it to service for keyboard change?
    Well, this will be one solution… the other would be buying an Satellite L500 in UK to get an keyboard with English layout.

You could try to order from some online retailers. There are enough online shops which provides Toshiba notebooks…

3. Re: Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek
    Beginner
    Would I then need to pay import taxes/toll too? Because then it propably becmoes more expensive.

But does anyone know how much it costs to change the keyboard?

Message was edited by: Stepes

4. Re: Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek
    Beginner
    It isn't sold in the UK after all. It seems to be a specific product for the German market and is exported from Germany to the UK :/
    So I guess I have to change the keyboard.
    But about how much does it cost???

5. Re: Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek
    Master
    Hi

I’m not quite sure about the costs but I think the keyboard itself is not expensive and the whole procedure should not take longer as 20min….
    Why you don’t get in contact with an ASP in your country…
    The guys should be able to provide all the details… they could order an compatible keyboard from Toshiba and could replace it…

6. Re: Satellite L500-164 - Need keyboard change to English or Greek
    Master
    Hi mate,

I don’t know how long it takes to exchange the keyboard on Satellite L500 but on my L300 it’s pretty easy and it can be exchanged in few minutes. I think it shouldn’t be expensive.

Furthermore keyboards are not expensive parts so don’t be worry about this.

Ask the ASP before they exchange the keyboard and you know it! ;)