Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satelllite L500-126: I want to reinstall it and don't have recovery disks

1. Satelllite L500-126: I want to reinstall it and don't have recovery disks
    Beginner
    Anyone from Romania with a Satellite L500-126?

I had a problem with my Vista oem and I want to reinstall it and don't have recovery disks.

Thank you

2. Re: Satelllite L500-126: I want to reinstall it and don't have recovery disks
    Master
    Hi

Satellite L500-126 was delivered without the recover disk but with the HDD recovery option! This means that you can recover the notebook without the usage if Recovery disk.

Start the notebook pressing F8.
    Choose the function: Repair my Computer and then new window will appear.
    Then you would get new option with recovery HDD

Should work…

3. Re: Satelllite L500-126: I want to reinstall it and don't have recovery disks
    Master
    Hi stefus83,

You can use the HDD recovery feature as PauPaus suggested to reinstall Windows. But don’t forget that the first partition on the HDD will wiped so backup your data on the second partition. Follow the screen instructions and Windows will be reinstalled. You get back “factory settings” in few minutes.

By the way, the recovery disk you have to create yourself. Therefore start the Toshiba recovery disk creator that is preinstalled on your notebook to create them. After this you can boot and install Windows. :)

Good luck!