Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-201 and Win7 upgrade

1. Satellite A100-201 and Win7 upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi there,

I want to install Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 onto my laptop (Satellite A100-201). I ran the Windows Upgrade Tool which told me that my Toshiba Configfree (version 5.90.07) would have to be uninstalled before update and would not be able to be reinstalled after installation of Windows 7...what is the Configfree, do I require it for my laptop to do anything "special"?

Thanks in advance for your help

2. Re: Satellite A100-201 and Win7 upgrade
    Akuma
    You dont need ConfigFree, its just an optional networking utility that configures network settings.

3. Re: Satellite A100-201 and Win7 upgrade
    Master
    ConfigFree is tool designed from Toshiba and it is nice tool for network monitoring. This tool runs in the background and sends you all information about network connectivity. If there is some problem this tool offers solutions that can help you to repair LAN/WLAN/BT connectivity.

To be honest you don't need this tool and if you didnít use it in the past you will not miss it at all.