Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-991- Upgrade to Windows 7

1. Satellite A100-991- Upgrade to Windows 7
    Beginner
    Hello,

I'm the owner of a Satellite A100-991. Thanks to Toshiba, I have upgraded from XP MCE to Vista Home Premium at low cost.

Now I would like to upgrade to Windows 7, but I don't know which version of Windows 7 I have to buy.

Did Toshiba offers special "Vista to Windows 7" offers for older Notebooks ?
    Otherwise, which kind Windows 7 do I have to buy at Microsoft ? Is this one compatible with my current OS ? http://emea.microsoftstore.com/fr/Microsoft/Mise-a-jour-Windows-7-Edition-Familiale-Premium

Thank you,

2. Re: Satellite A100-991- Upgrade to Windows 7
    Master
    At the moment there is no info which notebook models will be supported for new Windows 7 operating system.
    To be honest I think your notebook is pretty old and it will not be supported for Windows 7.
    You can buy it but without right drivers, tools and utilities you will not have configured OS as with supported WXP or Vista.

Maybe you should wait few weeks until support starts and you will see how it will works with Satellite A100.

3. Re: Satellite A100-991- Upgrade to Windows 7
    Master
    Hi!

Theoretically you can buy every version of Windows 7 because all drivers work on every version. The differences you can check on the Microsoft website.

But as as*** wrote at the moment you will not get any drivers for Windows 7 and at the moment itís not possible to say notebook will support Windows 7. Furthermore the Satellite A100 is pretty old notebook so I doubt that it will support Windows 7.

If you want to install Windows 7, try the Vista drivers. They should work.

Bye

4. Re: Satellite A100-991- Upgrade to Windows 7
    Beginner
    It is more a "commercial" question than technical. I don't know if I can buy an upgrade version, because my notebooks has already Vista on it, or if I must buy a full version...

5. Re: Satellite A100-991- Upgrade to Windows 7
    Master
    Hey Arnault,

If you have already a Windows Vista version itís enough if you buy Windows 7 upgrade.

I had a lot of questions too about Windows 7 and I did read this article. My questions are all answered:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Windows-7/