Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB

1. Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Beginner
    Hello,

I own a Toshiba laptop of Qosmio F-50-series.

As I connected a SANDISK SDHC-Card 4 GB to my laptop there was no reaction of recognizing the new media.
    No new driveletter nothing.

Can you help me?

Yours Starmind/Thomas

2. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Master
    Hi

The card reader supports the SD cards 8MB-2GB and SDHC cards 4GB-16GB.
    Therefore your card should be recognized without any big troubles.

Did you insert it correctly?

Try also to remove the card reader from the device manager and then reboot the notebook. After the Windows has booted again, the card reader should be recognized as new device. Then try to insert the CDHC card again

3. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Akuma
    Do you have XP or Vista?

Did you install XP using a generic Windows Setup Disc? You will need to update Windows to Service Pack 3, or install SDHC hotfixes.

4. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Master
    Hi!

I have also Qosmio F50 and I often use the SD card slot to read the memory card of my digital camera. I’m using a SanDisk Extreme III card with 4GB and it will be always recognized properly.

In your case I would update the driver of SD card slot. You can find it on the Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

By the way, have you tried another SD card?

Bye

5. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Beginner
    Hello,

under which name is the CardReader recognized within the System? Do I have to remove ony this device?

I run VISTA SP 2, and the device is not reading any cards.

I installed the newest driver from the website before.

Thank you in advance, guys!

Yours Starmind/Tom

6. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Master
    > under which name is the CardReader recognized within the System? Do I have to remove ony this device?
    You have to search for card reader/controller or something like that….
    Yes, it’s advisable to remove it firstly and after new Vista restart the device should be recognized again…
    The SD card should not be placed in the card reader while you are doing this…

7. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Master
    Hey,

Normally the card reader is recognized das Card Reader controller or something like that. If it’s not recognized or listed with yellow exclamation mark it’s listed as SM Bus Controller normally…

But it would be interesting to know if you have tried different SD cards.
    Can you format the SD card using Toshiba SD card memory utility?

8. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Beginner
    Hello,

VISTA has updated those driver, and as I learnt to insert the flashcard correctly I have been able to access it :) sorry guys for circumstances but I didn´t use that port properly until today ;)

By the way, there is a device typ called "Storagetechnology Driver" within the ControlPanel/DeviceManager. Under that are listed four different driver-types.
    I don´t see any tool with which I can access Flashcards although I have installed one, strange.

Thank you all!

Yours,
    Starmind

9. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Master
    Hi Starmind,

I’m a little bit confused now. What you mean exactly with Flashcards?
    On the preinstalled OS is Toshiba SD card utility preinstalled where youc an format the SD card.

Normally the flashcards appears if you press FN key. The Toshiba Value Added Package contains these flashcards on the top of the screen.

10. Re: Qosmio F50 cannot read the SDHC card 4 GB
    Beginner
    Hello PinkPanther,

in witch folder is that Toshib SD card utility? I do not see it.

How can the flashcard appear I am confused now. Do you mean an appearance as a symbol on the screen?

An extra drive appears within the "Computer" window (where C: and all the other drives are listed) when I inserted the card.

Flash card means memory card to be precise and not to mix you up furhtermore. :)