Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M700 - Rotation Button Not Working In Tablet Mode

1. Portege M700 - Rotation Button Not Working In Tablet Mode
    Beginner
    I have a Portege M700 and when I turn it into tablet mode the rotation button quits working.
    It works when it in laptop mode.

I have the rotation utility set to go into secondary landscape and its no longer switching and the button on the front of the screen will not switch it anymore either.
    I can go into the rotation software and rotate it manually.

Any suggestions on how to get the button functioning again?

Oh and I am running Vista Business with SP 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Re: Portege M700 - Rotation Button Not Working In Tablet Mode
    Akuma
    If you rotate the whole laptop, does the screen rotate automatically using the accelerometer?

3. Re: Portege M700 - Rotation Button Not Working In Tablet Mode
    Beginner
    Yes it does rotate it just wont rotate with the button once I turn it . also when I turn it to tablet mode it goes into portrait, I need it to go into secondary landscape. I made sure that the setting are set to secondary landscape and that the button is set to rotate. but it just wont. I have reinstalled the drivers for the rotation utility. any other ideas would be very helpful. thanks

4. Re: Portege M700 - Rotation Button Not Working In Tablet Mode
    Akuma
    Hmm maybe you can turn off auto-rotation?

Also try uninstalling the Toshiba Value Added Package, then reinstalling the latest TVAP from the Toshiba website.