Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100 (PSAARA) - possible RAM upgrade?

1. Satellite A100 (PSAARA) - possible RAM upgrade?
    Beginner
    Hi,

Was just wondering whether I was able to upgrade my current ram in my Satellite A100 laptop and if so how much?

It is a Satellite A100 (PSAARA) with 2 GB RAM currently.

Processor: intel(R) core (TM)2 CPU T5200@ 1.60 GHZ 1.60 GHz

Running 32-bit Vista.

What kind of RAM upgrade could I get on this system? And what pin number would it be?
    And I know this may be a shot in the dark but is it possible to upgrade the graphics card at all?

Sorry am new to this....no idea what I am doing so if you could help I would appreciate it!

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite A100 (PSAARA) - possible RAM upgrade?
    > And I know this may be a shot in the dark but is it possible to upgrade the graphics card at all?
    No, graphic card cannot be upgraded…

> It is a Satellite A100 (PSAARA) with 2 GB RAM currently. What kind of RAM upgrade could I get on this system? And what pin number would it be?

I think the notebook use the DDR2 533MHz (PC2-4200) 200-PIN SODIMM modules but as far as I know the 2GB RAM is max and this would mean that it’s not possible to upgrade it to 4GB or higher…

But to be 100% sure you should check your user manual ….

3. Re: Satellite A100 (PSAARA) - possible RAM upgrade?
    Akuma
    I had a look at the online brochure/specs, and it says you can upgrade to 4GB on the PSAARA models.

4. Re: Satellite A100 (PSAARA) - possible RAM upgrade?
    Master
    Hi!

For upgrading the RAM it’s useful to look in the user manual because there you can find interesting informations about this like the maximum capacity and accurate instructions how to do that.
    For the upgrade you need SO-DIMM DDR2 200pin.
    But don’t forget that you need 64bit OS to use the full 4GB RAM capacity, on Vista 32bit you can only use up to 32bit.

Regarding the graphic card upgrade you should read this:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB9401AX0001R01.htm

Bye