Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?

1. Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a old Tecra 9100 with years of good service, and this is my first problem, but is a great one, after a forced reboot the screen shows a BIOS block 1 damaged message. I have tried to repair the BIOS upgrading to the last version I have found, the 1.6 one, but its a Windows version (to upgrade from a running Toshiba computer I think) and when I try to run it in another computer to generate a FDD and upgrade BIOS, I cant, beacuse a Toshiba common modules message.

Its there any BIOS diskette image-archive I can dowload to perform the BIOS upgrade in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?
    Master
    Hello

All you can find is stuff on Toshiba support page. I don't know where you live but try to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
    They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain all this for you. Make a call and ask for help. I am pretty sure they will help you to solve this BIOS issue.

3. Re: Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?
    Scholar
    Hi

My personal opinion is that you go to an authorized service provider. Maybe your ROM module is destroyed or something else…
    And you can only use the BIOS updates on the Toshiba page. Maybe the ASP can update the BIOS with the newest version in DOS.
    I think if you explain the situation they will help you as effectively as possible.

By the way: On the Toshiba website you can search for an ASP. ;)

4. Re: Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?
    Akuma
    To update the BIOS using the Windows BIOS Update, Install the Common Modules first. You can find this on the Toshiba website in the support/downloads section.

But it sounds like the mainboard may need replacing if the BIOS chip has bad physical blocks.

5. Re: Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?
    Beginner
    Thanks for your support, but my experience with Toshiba in my country is... well.

I finally found the bios in the USA website, but the searching database is a nightmare IMHO, I made a bootable diskette and upgrade the bios, problem solved.