Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500 - Can't find drivers for FN keys for Windows XP!

1. Satellite L500 - Can't find drivers for FN keys for Windows XP!
    Beginner
    Hello.

I have found and installed all drivers I need for this laptop using Windows XP. My problem is that I can only activate Wireless on this laptop by pushin FN+F8 key, I have installed the Realtek Wireless drivers and they are installed fine, but I can't get Wireless to work because of the FN keys. When I push the FN+F8 key, a blue led should turn on next to the volume controller, but it doesn't...

I've searched for the Hotkey Utility in the Toshiba India site, I downloaded and tryed it but I get the error "This software utility does not support this system", the Common Modules gives me the same error too.

I've tryed installing other Hotkey Utility driver for another laptop, and it doesn't give me that error, but it doesn't work either... I actually leaves my laptop freezing a second, every 5 seconds... and the FN keys still don't work.

Anyone know where I can find a working Hotkey Utility for my laptop using XP?

Or maybe is there a way to activate Wireless without the FN keys? I don't need the other keys... I just want a way to activate Wireless.

Thanks for your time

2. Re: Satellite L500 - Can't find drivers for FN keys for Windows XP!
    Luke
    Hello

Thatís very strange buddy because the point is that XP is the past and newer notebooks doesnít support this OS.

What you can do is to download the utilities for another Satellite L notebook, e. g. Satellite L300. This supports Windows XP and maybe the tools from that notebook are working on yours.
    Check this!!

In worst case you have to live with this issue or you upgrade to Windows Vista. Thatís all what you can do.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite L500 - Can't find drivers for FN keys for Windows XP!
    Beginner
    Unfortunately, the Hotkey Utility driver of L300 doesn't work with my L500...

Isn't there a program to activate/deactivate Wireless? Without having to use the FN keys?

Thanks again

4. Re: Satellite L500 - Can't find drivers for FN keys for Windows XP!
    >My problem is that I can only activate Wireless on this laptop by pushin FN+F8 key, I have installed the Realtek Wireless drivers and they are installed fine, but I can't get Wireless to work because of the FN keys. When I push the FN+F8 key, a blue led should turn on next to the volume controller, but it doesn't...

Did you try to enable the +WLan in device manager -> WLan card -> Properties -> Advanced+ tab ?

There are some options which control the WLan card and maybe it should be possible to enable the Wlan there.