Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300 PSLBGE - Unknown device in device manager

1. Satellite L300 PSLBGE - Unknown device in device manager
    Beginner
    Hello there!

I would be very grateful for any help/hints if somebody has an idea what to do....

My gf has the above mentioned laptop (w/o preinstalled OS) and we can not get the display adapter to work properly - situation is as follows

1) mobile intel 4 series express chipset family and an unknown device with a question mark in device manager
    2) both are on the same PCI BUS 0, device 2?
    3) intel is not working because it has no free resources (should I delete the unknown device?) to work with
    4) HW ID for the unknown device is pci ven_8086&dev_2A43 and for intel is pci ven_8086&dev_2A42 (so basically the same, right?)
    5) last, but not least, if I go to Desktop-personalize-advanced (first of all no 1280*800 resolution) i see under adapter type: . Exactly, nothing... under properties, this appears: non plug and play device, Super VGA and under driver, I see just the status and option to Stop, Disable, Automatic, Demand.... the device on startup... .If i disable it, the display just does not light up when the laptop is turned on....
    Any ideas? I am going insaneeeeee......

Vista Home Premium, all other Toshiba SW installed (value pack, intel, BIOS 1.9, etc... - maybe BIOS did this?!)

Thanks in advance!!!

p.s. maybe SP1 that I am installing now will help?!

2. Re: Satellite L300 PSLBGE - Unknown device in device manager
    Master
    Hi

Wait a moment: I have checked Vendor ID and Device ID on www.pcidatabase.com and this device is the Intel graphic card. So I think this is the reason why you can’t change the screen resolution.

I assume that you have forgotten to install the display driver. Check the Toshiba website because there you can download the driver:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

After this you shouldn’t have any exclamation marks anymore.

You can install SP1 for Vista but this will not solve the problem with the missing display driver. But you should install it because it contains a lot of security updates they are important. Furthermore I would recommend to install SP2 for Vista.

Bye