Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck

1. Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Beginner
    Well here is the deal I had some problems with my Satellite l305d-s5892 so I ended up using a Windows Vista copy to format it so I can use it again.

But I play world of warcraft and the frame rate is much lower now so im guessing that there are some configurations or something missing. I mean I can get the drivers and all from the website and I got the video drivers installed. Ik I dont kwnnowo if there are some other relevants drivers I have to put or something and some thng else you tube videos get momentary stuck every now and then but the sound keeps going and then the videos just catch up whit the sound.

If some one can help me or knows a beginers guide so I can properly configure my lap top I would realy aprciate ir thanks

2. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Akuma
    Do you see any Devices in Device Manager that have a yellow exclamation mark?

Maybe you have not install the Chipset Drivers or other vital drivers

3. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Luke
    Hello

As Akuma said can you notice yellow exclamation marks in device manager?

It’s also important that you install the chipset driver and all other drives and not only the display driver. All what you need you can find on the Toshiba website.
    Check this!!!

Furthermore make sure that you have all Windows updates installed.

Alternative you can use the Toshiba recovery disk. It contains already all drivers for your system and you can get back “factory settings” in few minutes. :)

Greets

4. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Beginner
    sorry for this stupid question but where can i get the chipset?? i checked the driver download seccion of my laptop but i couldnt find it

thanks

5. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Master
    You’ve got a Satellite L305D-S5892 then your have a AMD chipset and ATI graphic card.
    The chipset driver is a part of the graphic card driver… you don’t need to reinstall it separately…

6. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Beginner
    sooo... if i alredy have the video drivers installed i don tneed to install anything else? so any idea abaut the low frame rate?

7. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Akuma
    Did you check Device Manager for unresolved drivers?

Do this and tell us what you see.

8. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Master
    Hi!

Normally you can answer this question by yourself, buddy. Check the device manager for yellow exclamation marks and if you can find some, download the driver on the Toshiba website:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com

That’s all!

By the way, why do you don’t take the Toshiba recovery disk to install the notebook? It contains an image of “factory settings”. That means Vista with all drivers and tools installed. So it’s ready to use.

Bye

9. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Beginner
    yeah sorry abaut the control panesl i did check it but i forgot to tell u guys that there is no yellow exclamation and abait that isue of using the recovery disk, i had this other post abaut it

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=169785#169785

so thats why i dont have the disk so thanks for the help and if there is another reply ill be sure to check it too

thanks again

10. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Master
    Hi

To be honest I would recommend reinstall Windows using the recovery disk. If you don’t have it, contact the nearest ASP in your country.

Good luck!

11. Re: Satellite L305D-S5892 - Frame rate is low and YouTube videos get stuck
    Akuma
    In Device Manager, what is the Display Adapter called?

If its "Standard VGA", then you need to install the ATI (AMD) Drivers from the Toshiba Website.

If thats no good, then you should use the Toshiba L305D Recovery Disc to reinstall Windows which will have all the correct drivers preinstalled.