Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500 13z - Windows 7 doesn't recognize WLAN adapter

1. Satellite L500 13z - Windows 7 doesn't recognize WLAN adapter
    Beginner
    Hello,

The Windows 7 RC's device manager doesn't recognize my Wireless Network Adaptater (e.g. : Atheros, Intel, or Realtek). I tried to install all the drivers from Toshiba support, but none of them work :

After installation, they ask me to plug the device on my computer (of course it is yet on the mainboard !).

=> Is there a way to know what is my Wifi adaptater ?

that one failed : http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7201PO000SR01.htm (it's only say "network adaptateur" with a yellow exclamation mark).

=> Does anybody know when Windows 7 Drivers will be released on the website ?

2. Re: Satellite L500 13z - Windows 7 doesn't recognize WLAN adapter
    Luke
    Hello

Before you start to install all WLAN drivers that you can find on the Toshiba website you should make sure that WLAN card you have exactly. You can check this in device manager => properties => Details of WLAN card.
    There you should an information like PCI\VEN_XXXX & DEV_XXXX

If you have founded this information you search with these terms on this website to determine the exact WLAN card:
    http://www.pcidatabase.com/

After this you can download the correct driver for your notebook. Before you install it you should uninstall all other versions and restart the notebook.
    Make also sure that WLAN is enabled with the hardware switch and FN+F8.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite L500 13z - Windows 7 doesn't recognize WLAN adapter
    Beginner
    Thanks for your answer.
    As I said, Device manager couldn't help me on Win7 RC, so I came back on Vista and start to install the Realtek's WLAN drivers (from toshiba.com).

At this moment, Vista did recognize the WLAN card and download the appropriate driver for my _Realtek RTL8191SE_ (it is not on Toshiba's website).
    I will not try win7 RC again, but maybe this can be helpfull for somebody.