Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid

1. Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid
    Beginner
    Hi

first sorry for my bad English.

Second I have a Toshiba notebook Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E I changeg my OS to Vista and I have a problem with "Flash Cards Support Utility". I can't install it.
    I have this message error "the serial number is invalid" I don't know what to do.

Thanks for your help

2. Re: probleme with Flash Cards Support Utility
    Beginner
    by the way i have a vista familia edition and i downloaded a Flash Cards Support Utility and Value Added Package
    from here
    http://fr.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=FR

3. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid
    Hi

The error: the serial number is invalid says that you have tried to install a tool which is not designed for this notebook series.
    Are you sure you have choose the right tool for the right notebook model?

It could be also another reason for this issue… you tried to install the tool in the wrong order.
    Usually this too controls the FN buttons and it requires the VAP installation firstly.

Install VAP (value added package) and try again

4. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility -
    Beginner
    thanks Jack Black
    but i still have the same error i download the VAP from toshiba web sit and i am sur uts for my notbook serie but nothing i can't setup Flash Cards Support Utility and i have the same probleme with Password Utility

5. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility -
    Hmm… did you follow the installation instruction placed on the Toshiba driver page?
    There installation order is important.

WINDOWS VISTA

No. Component Name Version

1 Windows Vista RTM
    2 Intel ICH7M Chipset Utility native
    3 Intel 945GM Display Driver
    or
    3 nVIDIA G72MV-A3/NB7P-GS Display Driver
    4 Realtek ALC861D Audio Driver
    5 Realtek 10/100 8101E/ Gigabit 8111B LAN Driver
    6 Synaptics Touch Pad Driver (with LuxPad)
    7 ALPS Touch Pad Driver
    8 TI Multiple Digital Media Card Reader
    9 TOSHIBA Software Modem
    10 Intel Golan Wireless LAN Driver
    11 Intel Kedron Wireless LAN Driver
    12 Atheros Wireless LAN Driver
    13 Chicony Camera Software
    14 Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
    15 Bluetooth Monitor
    16 TOSHIBA Value Added Package
    17 TOSHIBA Flash Cards Support Utility
    18 TOSHIBA Hardware Setup Utility
    19 TOSHIBA Supervisor Password
    20 TOSHIBA SD Memory Utilities
    21 TOSHIBA ConfigFree
    22 TOSHIBA Assist
    23 TOSHIBA Speech System
    24 TOSHIBA Extended Tiles for Windows Mobility Center V1.01
    25 TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility V5.6.0.3221

6. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid
    Beginner
    Hi, I had a similar issue on Sat Pro A200 PSAE7E from the UK. wrote to Toshiba support and got the following reply (in July 2008) - never heard from them again but the older Canadian version worked for me:

Thank you for emailing Toshiba regarding your issue with Toshiba Flashcards.

The issue you have highlighted is currently being investigated by our level 3 team because unfortunately, you are not the only customer affected by this problem.

The only alternative we can currently suggest is to download and install the Flashcard Utility update from our website in Canada. This has been found to resolve the issue in most cases. The web link for this update can be found here:

http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/files_Downloads/psae6c/TOSHIBA-Flash-Cards-Support-Utility.zip

If you wish for further support with this issue, please feel free to contact us by email again or call in to our Technical Support department on the number shown below. However, we would like to point out that this issue is being worked on and that a solution should be provided soon.

7. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid
    Beginner
    I am having the same issue for my A200-1FL (PSAE6E) from Spain. I have just installed windows 7. The problem is that this driver is only compatible with Windows Vista 32 bits but I thought it could work for W7, but apparently it doesnt'. I'm not sure this could be affecting installing of other drivers like bluetooth because I can't install this one. Please see http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=53796&tstart=0 if you can help me. I would be very grateful.

mpollard could you tell me the email address you communicated with?

Thanks and good luck

8. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid
    Master
    Hi

The Flash Card support utility is not released for A200 series. But the flash card utility does not depend on the notebook model.

Try to install VAP and Flash Card Support Utility for Win 7 released for Satellite L500 series…

I did it on my A210 and it worked! I think it will work for you too…

Good luck

9. Re: Satellite A200-2BH PSAE6E: Cannot install Flash Cards Support Utility - serial number is invalid
    Beginner
    > I did it on my A210 and it worked! I think it will work for you too…

I have used Flash Card Support Utility for Win 7 released for Satellite L500D and now the function keys work fine. Thanks.

John