Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F50 - How do I bring the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work on Windows XP?

1. Qosmio F50 - How do I bring the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work on Windows XP?
    Beginner
    Hello.

I downgraded my Qosmio F50-137 to XP, found every driver needed for hardware recognition, but am still looking for the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work.

I know (or at least think) that I have to install the "Toshiba Hotkey Utility".

But this utility needs the "Toshiba common module" for Windows XP to be installed.
    I fond on the web two common modules for Windows XP:
    common_modules_2489A
    and
    common_modules_24895A

The first one says "This software utility does not support this system.Installation will be terminated"
    The second one says "TVALZ driver installation has failed"

How can I make the installation work properly? or How can I make the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys work on my F-50 ?

Thank you in advance
    Camusensei

2. Re: Qosmio F50 - How do I bring the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work on Windows XP?
    Hi

May I ask you where you have found this common modules for Qosmio F50?
    I checked the Toshiba European driver page and found only Vista drivers; 32bit and 64bit
    There are no Win XP drivers!!!

I assume you tried to install Common Modules which are not designed for F50 series and therefore this error message appears…

3. Re: Qosmio F50 - How do I bring the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work on Windows XP?
    Beginner
    Hello and thank you for your message.

I have found them on different websites, found via google.
    This is why it is highly probable that the common modules I tried to install were not designed for F50 series.

Actually, I didn't know that they were different Common modules, the support hotline didn't precise it, although they said that they was no compatibility of my computer with windows XP if there was no XP driver on the website.

I've found the XP drivers of other components of my computer on the Toshiba European driver page afterwards, so I will phone them again and ask why there is no Common Module Driver there... or should I not?

Anyway, let's forget the common modules I found on non-toshiba websites.
    How do I bring the keys to work then?
    I will surely have the same problem in a few days with my new X300-145 I am going to downgrade as well.

Thank you in advance.

4. Re: Qosmio F50 - How do I bring the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work on Windows XP?
    Master
    > I've found the XP drivers of other components of my computer on the Toshiba European driver page afterwards, so I will phone them again and ask why there is no Common Module Driver there... or should I not?

I think you don’t need call the guys… the point is that Win XP is not supported on some newer notebooks series… the Win XP is past and now the Vista and in the short time Win 7 is the king…

> Anyway, let's forget the common modules I found on non-toshiba websites.
    How do I bring the keys to work then?
    Without the right Common Modules the FN key will not work… I doubt you have found the right Common Modules for F50 if Toshiba driver page does not provide such driver…

5. Re: Qosmio F50 - How do I bring the Fn-Keys and Hotkeys to work on Windows XP?
    Beginner
    Ok sorry for not answering the questions but I have to find a webpage to answer a few things...
    {quote:title=I said:}I've found the XP drivers of other components for my computer on the Toshiba European driver page {quote}
    But I'm not sure it was there, since going there and trying to find the page again drove me to the normal driver page.

I'm asking your help me finding the page where:

- You choose your computer in a column by type and then the next column apperar (on it's right), until you have selected your computer, and a button "choose now" appear.
    - When you click this last button, you land in a page where you have more drivers than in the normal driver page of toshiba (for me I had the option of Windows XP, while I don't have it on the normal page)

- I'm preety sure it was on the toshiba-website, but I don't remember how to find this page again... And since I already formatted...
    I'll continue looking if I can find it again, if someone knows this page, please tell me/us...

thank you in advance.

{Edit:}
    YESSS
    Sorry just to edit my message I don't want to double-post.
    Please stop searching, this is it :
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp#
    if this website can help some people, then it's great. i'm preparing my next message...
    {/edit}

Message was edited by: Camusensei (90 minutes later)

{Edit2:}
    By the way, I don't find my X300-145 on this website...
    Only X305-computers referenced in the X-series, does any know why?

{/edit}

Message was edited by: Camusensei