Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Where to find manual to get the Satellite 1670 disasembled

1. Where to find manual to get the Satellite 1670 disasembled
    Enthusiast
    Hi,

I am having general problems opening toshiba laptops. So far since Sunday I have:

1670 - unscrewed back and only opened partly as was afraid might break plastic. Fixed mouse now not working...

L10 - unscrewed back and only opened partly as was afraid might break plastic.

M30 - unscrewed back and only opened partly as was afraid might break plastic.

Portege 4000 - opened most of it (back and front), but would have had to cut wires to go any further.

Luckily, I haven't destroyed anything beyond repair or needed to see a technician urgently so far, but is there a good internet resource for this (how to....)?

My main aims are to clean the inside using an air duster and get to the heatsink (as well as the HDD (in the case of the 1670)).

Thanks

2. Re: Where to find manual to get the Satellite 1670 disasembled
    Master
    Such manuals are not public documents and you will not find them for download.
    What you can try is to Google around and try to find some forum or page with description how to disassemble these notebooks.

3. Re: Where to find manual to get the Satellite 1670 disasembled
    Enthusiast
    I noticed that there's some information on this site, but only for later models:

http://www.irisvista.com/