Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Equium P200D - how to increase the memory of the GPU?

1. Equium P200D - how to increase the memory of the GPU?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have an Equium P200D-139 laptop and wondered if there is any way to increase the memory of the GPU?

2. Re: Equium P200D - how to increase the memory of the GPU?
    Master
    This notebook model is not known to me but if there is shared memory graphic card you can expand it if you upgrade RAM.
    Check the notebook specification and see what max RAM amount for this notebook model is. I presume it must be 4 GB.

By the way: check http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=43021

3. Re: Equium P200D - how to increase the memory of the GPU?
    Beginner
    the toshiba specs say
    manufacturer : ATI
    type : ATI Radeon® X1200
    memory amount : up to 831 MB total available graphics memory with 2 GB system memory MB
    memory type : shared
    i have 4gb of ram installed but cant work out how to boost the graphics memory?

4. Re: Equium P200D - how to increase the memory of the GPU?
    Akuma
    Have you updated the BIOS? Sometimes later BIOS revisions can overcome issues like this.

5. Re: Equium P200D - how to increase the memory of the GPU?
    >I have 4gb of ram installed but cant work out how to boost the graphics memory?

Hey buddy… you will not be able to increase the memory automatically!
    The graphic card driver controls this and will increase the graphic memory ONLY if it’s needed by application like game or graphic program.
    There is NO option which would allows you to change some graphic memory values!!!