Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: NB100 Recovery Disc wont load - Error 32768 File PEBASE could not load

1. NB100 Recovery Disc wont load - Error 32768 File PEBASE could not load
    no_user
    I have a NB100 And when it trys to boot i get Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys

I have connected a DVD drive with the product recovery disc GMR400882EN0 inside it and powered on, on booting i keep F12 pressed and I get the options for setting it to boot from HD FDD CD/DVD USB Memory, I set it to boot from CD/DVD

When it loads it gets to loading RAM image I get Error 32768 File PEBASE ISO Could Not Load.

I am suspecting faulty recovery disc? and a new one is £29.99? But the laptop is under warranty but they told me to do this.

My daughter has a Asus 904HD and once she had a problem... She had none of the poor support of go and do it yourself... Asus sent a courier very fast-confirmed pick by text-fixed-delivered back confirmed drop off by text within 5 days!!

2. Re: NB100 Recovery Disc wont load - Error 32768 File PEBASE could not load
    Master
    >I am suspecting faulty recovery disc? and a new one is £29.99? But the laptop is under warranty but they told me to do this.

I doubt itís a faulty recovery disk.
    The error message: missing or corrupt: System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys could be caused by faulty HDD or another hardware component.
    In your case I recommend contacting the Toshiba ASP for hardware check and new OS installation. The notebook is under warranty (as you suggested in the posting above) and therefore everything should be done for free because itís covered by warranty

Bye