Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F50 - Screen brightness issues

1. Qosmio F50 - Screen brightness issues
    Beginner
    I bought my F50 Qosmio less then a year ago in Croatia. The first day i turned it on i had problems already.

When the laptop was turning on, before the BIOS booting screen, lines and weird patterns appeared on the screen and then the laptop blocked itself, and restarted.
    This happened every 4-5 times i turned it on, sometimes during restart also.

Also when i had a black wallpaper, in the middle of the screen you could see as if the screen was dirty, lines that are in the screen that are not dirt or anything that you can clean.

Finally after some time i sent the laptop to the service and they said the Graphics card had gone bad. So they replaced it. I also mentioned about the "dirt lines" that can be seen when a darker background was on the screen. They replaced the graphics card but they didnt say anything about the "dirt lines" in the screen.

Now, a week ago, i am having problems with the screen. The screen brightness is going crazy, for example when i am browsing the web, the screen goes a little bit darker then brighter and darker and brighter and it goes like this really fast. And this doesn't happen only when i browse the web. It happens when i watch a movie or do anything.

Its unbelievable, that the Qosmio is giving me so much trouble.

When i sent my laptop last time to the service provider in Croatia they were extremely impolite and they did not resolve all my issues. They also said that the graphics card had gone bad because of misuse of the laptop, due to overheating or so. But that is not correct since the first time after i purchased the laptop and turned it on the lines before the BIOS screen appeared.

I should have returned the laptop the next day but i didn't. Now that i am having problems with the screen brightness going crazy i am unsure what to do.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

2. Re: Qosmio F50 - Screen brightness issues
    Master
    > Now that i am having problems with the screen brightness going crazy i am unsure what to do.

Well, I think you should contact the ASP technician again and should explain your issue and should say that this strange screen behavior still persists and has not been resolved in first attempt.

A friend of mine is an owner of Qosmio F50 (donít know exactly the model number) and he is very satisfied. Itís really a great notebook supporting many different multimedia features and he didnít notice any graphic or screen problems.

As I said above; get in contact with the ASP in order to get the hardware checked.

3. Re: Qosmio F50 - Screen brightness issues
    Beginner
    Thank you Jaba for you quick answer. Regrettably that is the only thing for me left to do contact the Toshiba representative here in Croatia, but again i am very disappointed with them. The shop where i bought my laptop from, said that if i felt affected in the matter that i should contact Toshiba UK and then to see what follows up next but it is way to complicated...

As for the Qosmio F50 i know it is a top class laptop, that is why i am so highly surprised about all these problems.

Thank you once again.

4. Re: Qosmio F50 - Screen brightness issues
    Master
    Hi againÖ

I can understand your very well.
    But if something is wrong with the notebooks hardware the ASP is needed and should be contacted.

On the Toshiba European page I could find different ASPís in Croatia and it seems that there are 4 different service points.
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com -> Support & Download -> Find an Authorized Service Provider

I think you should get in contact with another ASP.

5. Re: Qosmio F50 - Screen brightness issues
    Beginner
    Hello again,

thanks Jaba, I will contact the service provider that took care of my laptop the first time, I will send them an email and see what to do next.

It bothers me that my laptop will spend more time on repairs than actually in use, especially more taking in count that it is a new laptop, its hard to believe that it has so many problems.

Once again, Thank you.