Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7

1. Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have Portege M600 and already installed Windows 7 [RTM]. After windows update, everything running well for all hardware certify with Microsoft but, when I try used to webcam, the program show some error message:
    It say "webcam driver open fail. please restart camera or computer"

Then I restart until twice again but nothing happen and show the same error. I check device is working properly. I already reinstall webcam software too.
    Any clue or suggestions ?

ps:
    I used Vista 32 software as default driver

Thanks

2. Re: Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
    Akuma
    Vista drivers mostly work in Win7, but there are some exceptions.

Have a look on the Toshiba US site, they have posted up some beta win7 drivers. Perhaps there's an updated webcam driver that works in Win7?

3. Re: Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
    Master
    Hi

I completely agree with Akuma that you should try the Windows 7 beta driver for the Chicony webcam from the Toshiba US page:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com

But remember that Windows 7 isn’t released as yet so it’s a little bit difficult go get tested drivers for it.

Furthermore it would be interesting to know if the same happens with “factory settings”.

Bye

4. Re: Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
    Beginner
    Had the same problem with windows update driver and the vista camera drive. Nothing work checked the europe site and download thier new chicony driver for my L300-5875s. It was released 3/09 I think install and rebooted worked fine. Doest show up in device and printers though other than that no problems with it. Hope this helps your problem