Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A300 - Can I get a new recovery disk?

1. Satellite Pro A300 - Can I get a new recovery disk?
    Beginner
    hiya folks

I want to do a clean install on my laptop Satellite Pro A300 but only thing is I cannot find my recovery disc which I made. When I first made it is there any where I can get a new one?
    I've checked the drivers section but nothing there

thankyou
    ade

2. Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Can I get a new recovery disk?
    Master
    Hi

If you have still installed the Vista version that was delivered with the notebook you can create a new recovery disk again.
    Just start the Toshiba recovery disk creator and create a new one – That’s all!

Furthermore you can reinstall Vista if you use the HDD recovery option. Therefore you have to go in advanced boot menu (F8) and select “repair my computer”. Some files will be loaded and then you can choose the Toshiba recovery option.
    But this is only possible on preinstalled Vista version.

In worst case you have to order a new recovery disk from Toshiba directly:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Bye

3. Re: Satellite Pro A300 - Can I get a new recovery disk?
    Satellite Pro A300 is delivered with recovery image saved on HDD.
    You can try to install OS using F8 and “Repair my computer” option. More about that you can read under http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm

When the OS is fresh installed you can create recovery disc again using "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator".