Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working

1. Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    Hi

My touch pad has stopped working. I have tried turning it on and off with the FN keys and this hasnt helped - can someone let me know what I can do to get it working?

mark

2. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Master
    Hi

Maybe you should post the exact notebook model and OS that you use.
    What do you think about this?

Anyway, what happens if you connect an external mouse? Can you work with it?

Does the other FN keys working? Maybe only the ON/OFF utility for touchpad isn’t working and can’t be solved with a new installation.
    Furthermore you should update the driver of touchpad.

Good luck!

3. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    Vista 32bit and Portege R600-10Q

External mouse does work because there are only two USB ports I would prefer not to work with external mouse all the time. Other FN keys do work

How do I update the driver?

mark

4. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Luke
    Hello

Updating a driver is pretty easy. First of all you should remove the old version in control panel > Add/Remove Software. After this restart the notebook and install the newest version from Toshiba page.

I hope this information is useful for you! :)

Greets

5. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    I am having exactly the same problem - Portege A600-12O, running Vista. Touchpad does not respond, all function keys work (F9 claims to be toggling between Touch Pad enable / diable, but doesn't do anything).

The advice about removing the driver and reinstalling from Toshiba looks good - but how do I uninstall!

Control Panel lets me uninstall software, but it doesn't list things like drivers (or I don't see them), and then - where on the Toshiba site will I find the replacement?

any help hugely appreciated

KA

6. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    >The advice about removing the driver and reinstalling from Toshiba looks good - but how do I uninstall!
    The VAP must be removed! This package contains the single tools which are responsible for the different notebook features… and the VAP controls also FN buttons functionality.

Remove the VAP, reboot the notebook and reinstall this tool again.. that’s everything…

7. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    Thanks Eldorado -

well, I removed the VAP

then reinstalled the driver (from Toshiba help) - it tells me that this is already the driver that is installed

nothing happened

I reinstalled the VAP

the icons that appear when the fn key is pressed no longer appeared, but the fn key+Fxx still did everything as before - that is, everything except switching on the touchpad

I reinstalled the driver again

still nothing

I have now system restored to before removing the VAP, so at least I can see the fn key icons ...

but the touchpad still isn't working.

any further ideas?

KA

8. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Master
    Is touchpad device enabled in device manager?
    Enter also touchpad advanced settings and check all “disable” options there.

9. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Beginner
    Thank you -

ok, I looked and - Device manger doesn't see it.

There is no touchpad listed under mice and other pointing devices (only the USB mouse I am using to replace it), human interface devices or anywhere else

10. Re: Portege R600-10Q - Touchpad stopped working
    Hi

The touchpad should appear in device manager under the “Mice and other pointing devices”.
    If this is not the case then you should see it somewhere else marked with yellow exclamation mark or as a unknown device.

Otherwise this would mean that the touchpad malfunctions if the touchpad is not visible in device manager.

As last try you could restore the notebook to factory settings using the Toshiba recovery disk. Maybe the touchpad would work then…. but if the touchpad will still not work even after the setting in to the factory settings then I would recommend contacting the notebook technician for an hardware check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast