Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite A300-1BZ Blank screen after Toshiba logo

1. Satellite A300-1BZ Blank screen after Toshiba logo
    Beginner
    Hi,

The problem I encountered with my laptop is when I push the power on button the "Toshiba Leading on Innovation" appears then after that the screen went blank. It does not proceed to windows but the laptop has power. My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. Please I need all the help I can get as I need my laptop for my studies.

Thanks and Best Regards.

2. Re: Satellite A300-1BZ Blank screen after Toshiba logo
    Akuma
    Windows may be corrupted. Have you tried booting from a Bootable CD? For example, try the Memtest ISO from www.memtest.org

Directly after you see the Toshiba logo, press F8 a few times to access the Windows Boot Menu, and try booting into Safe Mode.

If you can get into safe mode, run CHKDSK C: /F to check for file system errors, then reboot normally.
    If that doesnt work, then go back into Safe Boot and restore the PC back to a previous state using System Restore.

3. Re: Satellite A300-1BZ Blank screen after Toshiba logo
    Master
    Enter BIOS settings and set it to default. After doing this start your notebook and try to enter “Advanced boot options” using F8 button. Can you enter these options?

Does Vista boots in safe mode?

4. Re: Satellite A300-1BZ Blank screen after Toshiba logo
    Scholar
    Hi

Normally after the Toshiba screen the notebook tries to boot from HDD but it seems that this is not possible. Maybe the HDD isn’t working or not recognized from BIOS. Did you check the BIOS if the HDD is recognized properly?

Furthermore can you access the advanced boot menu by pressing F8? If yes, choose the “repair my computer” option to start the HDD recovery option.
    Or can you boot in safe mode too?