Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Unable to install OS on my Satellite L30-11D

1. Unable to install OS on my Satellite L30-11D
    Beginner
    I've been trying for days now to install an OS on hard drive but every time i get the same message "no hard drive disk found"

I'm unable to switch my SATA controller at BIOS as its not an option.

I've created slipped streamed versions of xp with the driver spliced in using nlite... which work on every machine i have except this one.

The machine originally had windows vista home basic on it.... since then i found 700mb version of vista home, which I burned and seemed to work fine until the install point when it tells me theres no drivers?

Any ideas guys? I'm losing sleep over this

2. Re: Unable to install OS on my Satellite L30-11D
    Hello

Your notebook model is not known to me but check please THIS page. There you will find info how to find the right SATA driver for your notebook.
    At the end you can find guide for "Slipstreaming SATA driver into WinXp boot cd using nLite".

I hope this will help you.

3. Re: Unable to install OS on my Satellite L30-11D
    Master
    Hi!

It seems that you have integrated a wrong diver. As far as I know for this notebook you need the Intel Storage Manager that you can download on the Toshiba website.

Furthermore I can recommend this article:
    [How to integrate the AHCI driver during Windows XP setup|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9401AN0000R01.htm]

Good luck! :)

4. Re: Unable to install OS on my Satellite L30-11D
    Beginner
    Please use the correct way to slipstream the sata driver to the xp boot installation or you may use driver pack which are more easier.