Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro P200 - Memory parity error

1. Satellite Pro P200 - Memory parity error
    Beginner
    Hi all,

Occasionally, I get the following error message when I boot up my laptop http://www.geocities.com/atesfaye/Mar08_0001.jpg

It's a Satellite Pro P200 with 2x 1GB RAM modules. I ran memtest on individual memory modules and installed together. The test results came up with no errors. Upon reading different message boards, some people suggest that this error message may relate to graphics memory! Is there a way to test the graphics memory?

Any help much appreciated!

2. Re: Satellite Pro P200 - Memory parity error
    Master
    Can you tell us when this issue started?
    Has it started after RAM upgrade or some other activity?

3. Re: Satellite Pro P200 - Memory parity error
    Beginner
    Hi mores,

I can't remember exactly when it started happening, but within the last 6 months at least...sorry I can't be anymore exact. The 2x 1GB modules were in it from day one and I can't think of anything else that would set it off.

One other thing which may or may not be related...with the network cable plugged in, the laptop wouldn't boot into Windows fully. It would get as far as one of the messages leading upto the windows login, such as applying user settings etc etc. I reinstalled the NIC drivers, but no change.

I have done a full XP Pro reinstall and SP3 in the last few days due to a mobile broadband stick messing things up.

tnx

4. Re: Satellite Pro P200 - Memory parity error
    Master
    Hi

I remember that I had such error in the past…. About 6 years ago it did appear on my desktop PC… as other people suggested, it was a memory issue.
    You should know that the memory tests don’t provide always the right results… so I think you should test another modules…

But note; this is just a suggestion and I’m not 100% sure if this could be really a memory issue… but in my case it was one