Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen

1. Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
    Beginner
    Hi, I have noticed in the past couple of days that there are some brown spots in the corners of my screen. They are behind the screen nothing has been spilled. Does anyone have any idea what this could be??

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
    Scholar
    Hi

First of all you should tell us what notebook and OS do you have.

I donít know what the reason is for this but first of all you should simply determine if itís an issue of the internal display or not. Therefore you should connect an external monitor to your notebook and check the picture on it.
    If you donít have the same issue itís a problem of the internal display and I think it must be replaced.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
    Beginner
    It is A205-S5825 only a year old. OS Firefox. I am sure it is only on this monitor. I just want to know if you think it is going to get worse? I can not afford to replace it and a new monitor would cost as much as a new computer:( I wish I knew what caused it.

Thanks

4. Re: Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
    Scholar
    Hi

Why are you sure that itís only the internal monitor? Did you check an external monitor already?

I donít know if itís get worse. I think nobody is be able to say that.

Can you notice this issue in BIOS too or only on Windows? Maybe itís just a software issue.
    By the way, Iím pretty sure that your OS is not Firefox. OS means operating system, for example Windows XP.

I donít know how much a new display costs but you can ask an authorized service provider. This takes only few minutes and the technicians will try to help you.

Greets

5. Re: Satellite A205-S5825 - Some brown spots in the corners of my screen
    Beginner
    WE did check another monitor already. Im sorry, Im not computer savvy it is VISTA. The problem is there no matter which program I am using. It would cost $300 to replace the monitor (already checked that too). I just wondered it anyone had ever had this happen to them, since it is so strange. I was going to contact Toshiba, but they dont seem to have an email.

Thanks