Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro U400 - How do I get the native screen resolution for external monitor?

1. Satellite Pro U400 - How do I get the native screen resolution for external monitor?
    Beginner
    I have a samsung syncmaster external screen connected to a Satellite Pro U400.

The screen resolution only goes up to 1280 etc however the samsung minimum is 1440 x 920 (ish I forget).
    How do I get the samsung to display the whole enlarged screen to save my eyes from the realativively small internal screen?

2. Re: Satellite Pro U400 - How do I get the native screen resolution for external monitor?
    Master
    Hi!

Did you try to update the display driver on your notebook? Check the Toshiba website for an update:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

Furthermore it would be interesting to know if you run the “factory settings” or have you installed your own Windows version?
    And what OS do you use? Did you install all Windows updates?

For external LCD monitors you should set the screen refresh rate to 60Hz.
    And if you want to change the screen resolution you must select the second monitor in graphic options on Windows.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite Pro U400 - How do I get the native screen resolution for external monitor?
    Hi

> The screen resolution only goes up to 1280 etc however the Samsung minimum is 1440 x 920 (ish I forget). How do I get the Samsung to display the whole enlarged screen to save my eyes from the realativively small internal

Iâ??ve got a U400 which was equipped with the Intel graphic card and Iâ??ve got an external LCD which I have connected to the U400 using the DVI-to-HDMI cable.
    My U400 unit supports the HDMI and the LCD the DVI port.

I have received also the driver disk with my LCD and I have installed the software.
    I have also update the Intel driver and used one from the Intel page.
    Now I have the access to many different external resolutions and can choose it.