Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV

1. Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    Hi
    Can some please help?

I bought a Satellite Pro L300-152, model no PSLB1E-01R015EN with Vista 32bit a few months ago to replace an old non Toshiba laptop.

The problem I am having is that I can not connect any external devices like TV, projector or a monitor.
    I have used other laptop in the past with my TV and projector and have had no problems at all. I have connected it via the VGA port, as this is the only port except for USB. Using a VGA cable I have tried all the settings that I have used in the past but with no joy.
    I have done the setting in display settings and the FN+F5 but nothing comes up on the external screens except no signal.

I have been trying to solve this problem for months now and need help, please.

Thank you
    Karl

2. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Luke
    Hi

Have you tried another VGA cable or only this one?

In your case I would try to update the display driver and BIOS. Both updates you can find on the Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

Before you update the display driver, remove the old version first. Then restart the notebook and install the new one.
    And before you install the newest BIOS you should close all running application and also disable the firewall and antivirus program!!

Generally if you connect the notebook to a external monitor you should connect the devices first. Then start the external display and after this the notebook.
    On my Satellite L300 I donít have problems with my external monitor.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    Hi my friend,

firstly thank you for repliying to my problem.

The vga lead works fine as i use it nightly on my sons laptop.
    I have done as directed by you and uninstaled my display driver and reinstaled it but im haveing trouble with the Bios driver.

When i try to update the bios driver i get a messege: insydeflash the virsion or ROM file isn't newer than version of BIOS?

I've tryed sevral time but still saying the same.

Any ideas? thanks

karl

4. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    >When i try to update the bios driver i get a message: insydeflash the virsion or ROM file isn't newer than version of BIOS?

Thatís strange.. what BIOS version is installed on your notebook?
    As far as I know at this time the Toshiba European page provides the BIOS Update 1.50-WIN version for this notebook model.

5. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    hi
    system bios 1.50

when i unplug the monitor lead from the laptop the graphics change on my laptop screen, in the settings the exturnal display says display connected,
    and in the display settings the 2ed monitor stays tick on the extended monitor as it should be but yet still no joy?

6. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Hi

It looks like the BIOS is up to date.

The graphic card seems to be from Intel. Itís a Mobile Intel GL960 Express Chipset
    Try to install the graphic card driver downloaded from the Intel page.

After you have downloaded the package, go to device manager, choose graphic card, update the driver, choose the ďAdvancedĒ installation procedure and finally point to the driver files which you have downloaded.

Check it!

7. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    hi
    the graphics for my toshiba is GM965 express chipset, ive tryed updating it but its says its got the best driver for it?
    i tryed downloading the GL969 but it says its the wronge driver for this notebook?
    karl

8. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    GL960 SORRY

9. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Master
    Hi

The display driver for Intel GL960 graphic card should be the right one because the Satellite Pro L300-152 is equipped with this graphic card.

Anyway, before you install the driver you should remove the old one first. Then restart the notebook and install the newest driver from the Intel page.
    If you canít install it via setup.exe choose the graphic card in device manager => right click => update driver.
    Search and choose the driver yourself, this should work.

Bye

10. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    hello
    the display driver is a moble intel(r)965 express chipset family, Gm965 is the driver for it, so intel say? still no luck monitors say no signal laptop say connected?

11. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Master
    Hi

Check this;
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm965/

Here you can find the latest Intel driver.
    Update it using the installation procedure posted by the users above.

If you will be not able to output the video signal on an external device then you should recover the notebook in order to check if this issue would persist using the Toshiba preinstalled OS. You should test it immediately after the recovery procedure has finished.

If this will not help then you should contact the ASP in your country for a notebook check.

12. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    hello
    ive cheacked and tested everything as directed but still no luck, its a generic pnp monitor on mobile(R)965 express chipset family graphics all installed and up to date, do i need more than service pack 1 ?
    and what does persistence module has stopped working mean? this flashed up

13. Re: Satellite Pro L300-152 - Can't connect external monitor, projector or TV
    Beginner
    i guess thats it then lol thank you all for trying