Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite A350 ATI graphics card driver needed

1. Satellite A350 ATI graphics card driver needed
    Beginner
    Hi,

I bought a Satellite A350 few weeks ago. I have installed Windows XP and I can't find drivers for the graphis card. This notebook seems to use a ATI Mobility Radeon 3650. At the ATI's web, there are drivers for the "Radeon" cards, but when trying to find "mobillity radeon" there's no model 3650, even 3400 or 3600. At Toshiba's web, there's no drivers for XP, and the drivers for Vista shows a message error (can't open de center manager or some similar message).

could you help me to find some drivers for XP??

Thanks.

2. Re: Satellite A350 ATI graphics card driver needed
    Scholar
    Hi

The reason is why Windows XP is not supported on Satellite A350 and so canít find a driver on the Toshiba page.

The drivers on the ATI page are only for desktop cards and donít work on mobile cards. Furthermore they donít have an overheat protection and so you can damage your graphic card.
    You can only get the ATI drivers to work if you use the Mobility Modder. Then you can install the drivers but be really careful!!! Itís on your own risk and you will lost the warranty.

In your case I would try the display driver from a Satellite A300. This model was also equipped with this graphic card that you have and there are drivers for XP available.

Check this!

3. Re: Satellite A350 ATI graphics card driver needed
    Beginner
    Thanks boarder.

It seems that Satellite A300 uses another model of ATI (Mobility Radeon HD 3470) and this driver has not work with my A350. However searching in Internet, I have finally found the driver, after a busy weekend trying it.

Thanks!!

4. Re: Satellite A350 ATI graphics card driver needed
    Master
    Thanks for this interesting feedback!

You are welcome in forum! ;)