Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite M300 - How to use recovery disc

1. Satellite M300 - How to use recovery disc
    Beginner
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how to use the 2 recovery discs i have recently burnt if i wanted to fix my usb ports (as seen in my Toshiba M300 - USB ports thread)

Any suggestions?

2. Re: Satellite M300 - How to use recovery disc
    Master
    Hi

You can use the Recovery disk only in order to reinstall the whole OS!
    This means that the usage of the recovery disk will format the whole HDD and will set the notebook back to factory settings!

If you want to use the recovery disk then insert it into the ODD and boot from this disk.
    Then the OS installation should proceed and you should follow the instruction on the screen.

Thatís all

3. Re: Satellite M300 - How to use recovery disc
    Luke
    Hello

Using the Toshiba recovery disk is pretty easy. You must only boot from the first disk and then the factory settings will be restored and follow the screen instructions.

The Toshiba recovery disk contains the factory settings of your notebook. After you have used the disk you have the same settings as you have started the notebook the first time. That means you have an installed Windows version with all drivers and tools from Toshiba. So you must not install additional drivers and tools and so you can save a lot of time.

I hope I could help you a little bit.

Greets

4. Re: Satellite M300 - How to use recovery disc
    Beginner
    Will also format the other NTFS drives? like d: or e: ?

5. Re: Satellite M300 - How to use recovery disc
    Master
    Yes, the recovery disk would format the HDD and all the partitions created on the HDD!