Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty

1. Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Beginner
    Hi all,

I have been trying to creat recovery discs for my L300 but after a 1-2 mins the programme stops and says "please check if the disc is scratced or dirty, if so, try again with a new disc" error code 0E01B5-26-2A030C00,

I have tried this lots of times with lots of different DVDs over the past few weeks but this keeps happening!

The machine is only a few weeks old and running Vista home premium any advise please as Im stuck.

Thanks for reading.

2. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Master
    Hi mate

I think you used simply not fully compatible and supported disks.
    In my case I couldn’t create the recovery because the CD/DVD drive was not able to handle it.

Fact is that many CD & DVD disks supports different standards and properties and in many cases the CD/DVD drives have many difficulties to handle the different disks.
    I think you should simply test some DVD-R disks.

I uses DVD-R and was able create the recovery disk.

3. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Beginner
    Thanks for that I shall try dvd-r discs and see.

4. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Beginner
    Hi, have you sorted it out your problem. Can you tell me which DVD disc you have bought?
    I bought a L300-1DN a week age from Argos and spent two nights to make recovery disc and all failed. several different error massages came up, something like cannot open F:\boot\cd ----
    the discs which i used is niceday, made in india.
    please help
    Thanks

5. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Master
    Hi!

I have created my Toshiba recovery disk successfully with Verbatim DVD-R disks.
    I use these disks for burning DVD’s too and never had problems. So you should try it too! ;)

I never heard about “niceday” disks but I assume these are not high quality disks…

Bye

6. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Beginner
    I have just bought a l300d and have tried 2 sets of dvd discs with no luck at all

I see I should use dvd -r disks.

is that true ??

7. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Master
    You should use the disks which are compatible…
    Many disks from different manufacturers are compatible but there are also many disks which are not supported by ODD…
    You should simply test it what disk are the best for you…

8. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Beginner
    wI don't know which disks are compatible.

I've only just bought my first laptop and I anm new to all this !!

9. Re: Satellite L300 - recovery disc creator error - disc is scratced or dirty
    Master
    This is always a matter of time… I tested in the past many different disks (DVD and CD).
    Now I’m with TDK –R.
    But this does not mean that your notebook would handle such disk trublefree…
    You have to make your own experience...