Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: A2DP high quality isn't high quality

1. A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Beginner
    I have a newest Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and a Bluetooth v2.0 capable dongle. I'm using Nokia BH-604 headphones. With low quality settings bitrate is correct, 201 kbps. But standard and high quality settings (also auto settings) use the same bitrate, only 212 kbps. Bitrates should be as far as I know 229 kbps and 328 kbps. Now they're nowhere near correct bitrates. However, I tried Bluesoleil and it works correctly. Anybody have any idea why doesn't Toshiba work right?

2. Re: A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Beginner
    The new audio settings are active after next of start of Bluetooth settings. It shows 328kbps for "High quality".

3. Re: A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Beginner
    I have done that and it's still stuck in 212 kbps.

4. Re: A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Enthusiast
    Where do you check the bitrate ?

5. Re: A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Beginner
    I've still got the same problem, now with Windows 7 and the very new version 6.40.02. Any new advice? Some registry hack or settings file editing? Is it possible to force it to 328 kbps or something? Please help, 212 kbps sounds just awful.

6. Re: A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Beginner
    It should be possible to change the setting manually in "Bluetooth Settings" window. Nevertheless you can also try to change the default audio quality of the installable Bluetooth stack. Open the "TosBtUtl.ini" file and change the value "DefaultSoundQuality = 2" to "DefaultSoundQuality = 1". Install the Bluetooth stack afterwards.

7. Re: A2DP high quality isn't high quality
    Beginner
    I have exactly same problem.
    I have tried all suggestions above and all of them not help.

Moreover I found that if I change sound frequency for "Bluetooth Audio Device" in system settings from 44100 to 48000, A2DP bitrate will grow up from 229 to 249 kbps.

And I remember, as in past I saw "328kbps" in details window of my bluetooth headphones, but I missed the moment when it was gone.

PS. Windows 7 Enterprise x64, SP1.
    Toshiba Bluetooth Stack 8.00.12, Sony DR-BT50 headphones.