Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite P100-MA6 - Need driver for SD Memory Card Slot using Vista 64

1. Satellite P100-MA6 - Need driver for SD Memory Card Slot using Vista 64bit
    Beginner
    Hi there,

I need some help.

I recently upgraded my P100-MA6 to Vista Home Premium 64-bit and everything is running perfect and I have located software, drivers, and such for every component except the built-in SD memory card slot!
    It will not work at all and I can't seem to find a driver or controller that I need for it to run/recognize my SD cards.

Can anyone point me to the proper driver for this component to run under Vista 64-bit O/S?

Is there one?
    If not, can someone let me know that this is an issue that has no solution?

I know it seems odd, its the last thing I need to do for a completely perfect upgrade!

Specs on the laptop are:

Intel Core2 T7200 2.0ghz, 4GB pc-5400 OCZ ram, 200GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 gpu, Vista 64-bit O/S,

If you need any other specs just ask!

Thank you in advance to whoever reads this and may be able to assist me!

Regards,

Paul

2. Re: Satellite P100-MA6 - Need driver for SD Memory Card Slot using Vista 64
    Akuma
    Go into Device Manager and look in the Properties of the Unknown Device, click on the "Details" Tab, and look at the Hardware ID's.

Then use this website to identify the device and locate the drivers:
    http://www.pcidatabase.com/

You may need to use drivers found in google if you cant find the Vista64 driver from other Toshiba models.

3. Re: Satellite P100-MA6 - Need driver for SD Memory Card Slot using Vista 64
    Beginner
    Hey,

Thanks for this info but I'm still very much stuck!

All it tells me is a long string of numbers/letters and it doesnt seem to relate to the SD slot!

In device manager--it indicates the 'SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller' is working and the driver is updated!

Under 'Other Devices'-->'Mass Storage Controller' indicates an issue but again it give a long string of numbers/letters and I'm not sure how to search for a driver/controller or whatnot by this method.

I tried google but it has very unrelated links!

Please--any additional thoughts/help/input/direction!

Much appreciated thus far for your time!

4. Re: Satellite P100-MA6 - Need driver for SD Memory Card Slot using Vista 64
    Master
    I didnít make any experiments with this stuff but you can try to use some driver for P200 if some of the models are 64-bit Vista supported.

Check a to Toshiba support page.