Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L10-120 - How can I recovery it?

1. Satellite L10-120 - How can I recovery it?
    Beginner
    I'm in need to recover the pre installed software at my laptop and in the manual it says that I need to put in the DVD and then press C and start the computer, but nothing is happen.

How can I recover my hard drive with the pre installed software on another way?

appreciate help for this.

//Patrik

2. Re: Satellite L10-120 - How can I recovery it?
    Master
    Hi!

To recovery your notebook you need the recovery disk that you have and the you must boot from the CD/DVD drive – That’s all!

Therefore go in the boot menu if you press F12 immediately if you have powered on the notebook and select your disk drive.
    The notebook tries to boot from CD/DVD drive and now follow the screen instructions.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite L10-120 - How can I recovery it?
    There are three ways to start recovery procedure:

- After notebook start press C and hold it down for several seconds
    - Start notebook and press F12, choose CD/DVD drive and confirm with ENTER
    - Enter BIOS settings and change boot order – CD/DVD must be set as first bootable device.

I hope one of these methods will force optical disc drive to start as first bootable device
    If you have more questions or you need assistance with recovery installation please let us know.

Good luck!