Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U400-150 (PSU45E) - ALPS touchpad issue

1. Satellite U400-150 (PSU45E) - ALPS touchpad issue
    Beginner
    Hello,

I am trying to solve some issues regarding touchpad. My Toshiba U400-150 PSU45E has been equiped in ALPS touchpad (instead od synaptics, which is much better by the way).

Previously I worked on another manufactures laptop with Synaptics and the software for it had advanced options, better than ALPS.

1. When I use ALPS driver the movement of coursor seems to be little "jumpy", any movement regulations don't help. So I uninstalled ALPS driver, installed Synaptisc and the movement was fluent. However the software for Synaptics did not include all the advanced options (such as touch areas, scrolling, etc). Therefore I restored the driver for ALPS again, and the 'jumpy' movement returned. I assume that the driver is not as good as synaptics.

2. I need actually emulation for middle button. In synaptisc there was such option in "touch areas". I was using top right corner for emulation of middle mouse button. I was searching for such option in ALPS driver but there is no any .

I woud be gratefull for any sollutions, suggestions regarding issue 1 and 2. Is there any possibility to emulate middle mouse button in ALPS?

TIA.

2. Re: Satellite U400-150 (PSU45E) - ALPS touchpad issue
    Akuma
    I have an Alps touchpad on my Tecra and its very smooth, so maybe you just need to update the Alps driver?

Are you using XP or Vista?

3. Re: Satellite U400-150 (PSU45E) - ALPS touchpad issue
    Beginner
    Vista, however I am pretty sure that the "jumpy" movement depends on the driver, when I use any Linux (liveCD), the movement is smooth.
    I have already updated the driver, didn't help.

The most annoying problem is that I can not emulate the middle mouse button in ALPS driver.

Is there any third party software that could do that?

4. Re: Satellite U400-150 (PSU45E) - ALPS touchpad issue
    Akuma
    I think there might be, google for "emulate third mouse button utility" or "emulate middle mouse button utility"