Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update

1. Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update
    Beginner
    Hello, I have updatet BIOS of my notebook sattelite A100.

After updating I cannot start my notebook and BIOS doesn't start.

2. Re: Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update
    Akuma
    Do you see the Toshiba logo?

Was there a power failure when you updated the BIOS?

Try removing the battery and AC Adapter, and leaving it for a couple of hours. You could also try reseating the RAM.

If that doesn't help, you may need to send it to an Authorized Service Center for repair.

3. Re: Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update
    Scholar
    Hi,

Maybe you should try this workaround posted by Akuma.

In worst case I think the ROM module must be reflahsed from an authorized service provider or the complete mainboard must be exchanged.
    On the Toshiba website you can search for an ASP:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads => Find an authorized service provider

Good luck!

4. Re: Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update
    Beginner
    Hey guys... I tried to update my girlfriend's BIOS on a A100 just now (the windows installer) and the procedure stoped in the middle because windows crashed while doing. Now the laptop won't start at all (obviously). I have a black screen when turning it on. No boot sounds or anything. I've already removed the AC power source and battery in case that works. I guess removing the BIOS battery won't help either since the flashing was wrong... In case that doesn't work, is there any chance i could find a BIOS from ebay or somewhere else?

Thx in advance, Jimmy..

PS. My gf is going to shoot my brains out :P

5. Re: Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update
    Beginner
    I have the same problem, ASP said i must change motherboard. But somewhere on the internet i saw a procedure using phoenix crisis recovery mode to flash the bios.
    You need a floppy drive. the crisis recovery disk you can find here http://crd.y1.cc/ the procedure is well explained.
    As for me, it dosen't worked. But have done some step. For the key combination for toshiba A100. try pressing alt+f when power on the PC. The pc will beep until it detect the correct floppy disk (correct PHLASH16 and BIOS.WPH). Then it beeps for ~2 minute as flushing the bios.

6. Re: Satellite A100 - Windows and BIOS doesn't start after BIOS update
    Beginner
    Too bad I got the laptop for repair before I could check that solution out. Still haven't heard from them. I guess it's going for mobo change... :S