Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200 - Occasionally Freezing And Screen Fading To White

1. Satellite A200 - Occasionally Freezing And Screen Fading To White
    Beginner
    I have a Satelite A200, bought brand new last year. Occasionally the computer will freeze, the screen starts fading to white and darker horizontal and vertical lines appear on the screen. I have to hold down the power switch until it turns off so I can restart it, but after restarting it works fine. At first this happened only very rarely, but it's beginning to happen more and more as of late.

It happens very suddenly and it doesn't make any difference what I'm doing at the time. Some times it does it just after being turned on. Does anyone know why it could be doing this? I'm not very technically savvy so I'd appreciate it if you could explain it to me in a way that I might understand :)

I've heard of some people having the same problem and that it may be caused by faulty wiring in the monitor. If this is the problem is it likely to be covered by warrantly?

Message was edited by: Charlie Llama

2. Satellite A200 - Occasionally Freezing And Screen Fading To White
    Akuma
    What A200 model do you have? PSAxxx-xxxxx?

Sounds like the LCD Screen or VGA Board may have an intermittent problem - possibly heat related.

An Authorized Service Center can repair it for you.

3. Re: Satellite A200 - Occasionally Freezing And Screen Fading To White
    Master
    Do you have this issue on an external monitor too? If not it sounds like an internal monitor issue and I think it must be replaced.

If your notebook is still under warranty the repair should be free for you. So in your case I would contact the nearest ASP that you can find on the Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Find an authorized service provider

Good luck!