Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F20 doesn't boot - Power LED blinks orange

1. Qosmio F20 doesn't boot - Power LED blinks orange
    Beginner
    My Qosmio F20-149 crashed yesterday and I havent been able to get it to work again. When I try to switch it on, the Power LED blinks on and off (on:1 sec, off:1 sec) and the cooler fan is working on full power. When I press any key, there is a kind or error sound. otherwise no reaction from laptop; even the CD-drive doesnt open.

I've done no RAM-updates and I use original Toshiba power adapter. I've tried starting the laptop using only battery, only power supply and on both. No change in reaction. I've tried all possible combination (with one, without one, with both...etc) of both my RAM-cards (512+512) and still no use.

I'm really stumped.

2. Re: Qosmio F20 doesn't boot - Power LED blinks orange
    Master
    If I understand you right your notebook is sending a blinking code. This code will be shown if notebook has detected some problem with power supply electronic.
    In this case there is nothing you can do and notebook must be sent to nearest authorized service provider.

They have manuals with exact code description and instructions how to solve this.
    Sorry buddy but I don't believe anybody here can offer exact diagnostic for this issue.

3. Re: Qosmio F20 doesn't boot - Power LED blinks orange
    Beginner
    Thanks Mores... I feared that might be the reply I might get.
    Thanks for the reply anyway. Still hope someone might know something about this problem.