Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 - doesn't start after a BIOS update

1. Portege M400 - doesn't start after a BIOS update
    knight
    Hhi

please help me with my portege M400, I installed a new localized version of Windows XP , then I started to download the drivers from Toshiba website, and the first thing I did is installing the new BIOS update. I don't know which version was it. Then it asked me for restart, after I did the restart the device doesn't boot anymore, and I can see only a blinking orange LED, :(

Please how can I reset my old BIOS? Is it the end of my Toshiba?
    I'm now in a forign country and there are noToshiba service center near to me

Please is there anyway to help me

2. Re: Portege M400 - doesn't start after a BIOS update
    Master
    Hi!

I think in this case you must go to an ASP. I don’t see another solution for this problem because I think the ROM module must be reflashed or the completely mainboard must be replaced.

On the Toshiba website you can search for the nearest ASP:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Find an authorized service provider

And if you don’t find an ASP in your country just contact an ASP in another country. I’m sure that they will try to help you.

Bye

3. Re: Portege M400 - doesn't start after a BIOS update
    knight
    thanks for your quick replay

I wished that there are easier solution, I will try to connect one of these ASP

thanks again

4. Re: Portege M400 - doesn't start after a BIOS update
    Hi buddy,

I can understand you very well but I agree with Lars. Only the ASP can help you…
    Hopefully the motherboard ROM module is not damage.. so in such case only the BIOS must be updated again…

Cheers and good luck