Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A350 - I need a new key retainer

1. Satellite A350 - I need a new key retainer
    Beginner
    Hey everyone.

I own a Toshiba Satellite A350.

Last night, my down arrow key clicked out of place, and now I'm pretty sure one of the key retainers is broken, as a very small part of one of the retainers is broken, and the key will not click back into place.

I went to at least 4 different computer stores today and had no luck in finding somewhere who sells these retainers, one place , however suggested I go to the manufacturer, so do I call the Toshiba help line or something??

With this model, is it possible for me to fix this retainer/key issue, or will I have to take it to a professional??

2. Re: Satellite A350 - I need a new key retainer
    Master
    I think you will not find a key retainer because such parts are not available. If one key is broken or something else on the keyboard you must replace the complete keyboard.

What you can do now?
    Well, in your case I would contact the nearest ASP that you can find on the Toshiba website. Explain the situation and the ASP can order a new keyboard and exchange it if you want.
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Find an authorized service provider

3. Re: Satellite A350 - I need a new key retainer
    Master
    In my opinion you need professional help. I am pretty sure you will not get these small parts somewhere and best thing you can do is to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
    Explain the situation and talk with them. Be cool and ask if they can give you these parts from some other (used) keyboard (if this can be replaced).

In the worst case you must replace the whole keyboard.
    Old one you can sell on eBay and you will get good money for it. Many people search such used keyboards for parts replacement.