Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite X will not turn on

1. Satellite X will not turn on
    Beginner
    I recently purchased my laptop and it was running fine.

I played GRID and it was fine and then it was jumping, so I quit then put it to sleep and now it will not come back on.
    I have tried removing the battery and nothing.

Please help.

2. Re: Satellite X will not turn on
    Master
    Hi!

First of all, which Satellite notebook you have exaclty?

Well in your case I would try to remove the battery and AC/DC adaptor. Wait one hour and then connect the AC/DC adaptor and battery again.

If it doesn’t work it’s time so contact an ASP. The technicians should check your notebook to determine what parts are faulty or not.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite X will not turn on
    Master
    Hi

I agree with Lars.
    If your notebook does not wake up or does not boot up the try this short workaround:
    - remove battery
    - disconnect AC adaptor
    - wait (30min - 1h)
    - connect both parts and try to restart the unit

If this does not help then a hardware part might be affected… possibly the GPU but this is only a assumption.

4. Re: Satellite X will not turn on
    Beginner
    Hello,

I did exactly what you both said and it worked cheers for your help. Appreciated, thought my laptop was broke for a minute.

However i am having one other problem, my keyboard works fine and then suddenly some of the keys stop working and i can only press a few that work and then about a few minutes later they work again.
    Is there a fault with my laptop or can it be fixed?

I recently installed Vista again perhaps i haven't installed a driver that is required.

Cheers.

5. Re: Satellite X will not turn on
    Scholar
    As far as I know keyboard uses Microsoft driver and some “keyboard driver” is not required.
    It is not easy to say what is wrong there but if possible install Vista again using Toshiba recovery media. Best thing you can do is to test keyboard functionality with “factory settings”.