Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c

1. Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c
    Beginner
    Hello

I'm French.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A350-11C and would like to downgrade my pc to Windows XP but I don't found any driver for WinXP.
    Where to download it? Or the Vista driver is compatible with Winxp?

Thanks bye

2. Re: Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c
    Scholar
    Hello

I have checked Toshiba support page and unfortunately there are no drivers for WXP. Obviously this newest notebook model is not WXP supported, or not yet.
    So either you try to search drivers by hardware manufacturers, similar Satellite models or continue to use Vista.

To be honest I don't believe there is some difference between satellite A300 and A350 except dimension. I don't know which A300 is similar to your A350 (hardware configuration).
    Try to compare notebook specifications on Toshiba support page.

At the end I must say that downgrade is OK but maybe you should also look forward and use Vista as latest operating system. Make good experience with it and prepare yourself for new Windows 7. It is similar to Vista but with some differences in design.

3. Re: Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c
    Beginner
    Hi

I have test with the A300 driver and it's OK
    Juste the card reader driver is not supported but i have found it in the internet.

Thank bye-bye

4. Re: Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c
    Scholar
    Hey cool.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe you can post here for which Satellite A300 the drivers are the same (PSAxxxx).
    It can be useful for other people here with the same problem.

5. Re: Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c
    Beginner
    Hi

I have upload all the file in my FTP:
    [Clike here for download|http://famillegroise.free.fr/all/Toshiba%20A350%20driver%20XP.rar]

For install the graphic card if you download the last ATI driver [HERE|http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp] and patch it with the software in my FTP.

Byebye

6. Re: Need WXP drivers for my Satellite A350-11c
    Master
    Thanks for the links.
    I see just one problem there – with all these “basic” drivers you can use WXP but without Toshiba tools and utilities you will not be able to use all “Toshiba specific functions”.

Anyway, if you need WXp you can use it without Toshiba stuff too.