Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300 - I lost the recovery partition

1. Satellite A300 - I lost the recovery partition
    Beginner
    I have satellite A300 with pre loaded Vista home premium OS, due to some reason I had to format the entire disk and I lost my OS recovery partition.

Can any one help me in getting my os partition?
    I had checked with the service centers they said I can use the OS recovery partition of similar model.

So I request everyone if anyone can provide me the OS partition, I would be thankful to them.

Please contact me at anup@radharealty.com

regards
    anup

2. Re: Satellite A300 - I lost the recovery partition
    Master
    Hi!

I think you did understand something wrong.
    On the Toshiba notebooks there is no recovery partition, they have a HDDrecovery folder that contains the factory settings.
    I recovery partition that you mean is a Window Vista feature, not a Toshiba.
    Here is a useful link to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinRE

The HDD recovery folder is stored on the second partition of the notebook. You can use the HDD recovery function if you go in the advanced boot menu, choose “Repair my computer” and select the Toshiba HDD recovery function.
    But I think this is too late now…

Did you burn the Toshiba recovery disk? Normally you can burn the factory image that is stored in the HDD recovery folder on a DVD by using the Toshiba recovery disk creator. Therefore you get always a remember message or popup that you have to do this.

If you didn’t do this and you want the Toshiba recovery disk you must order a new one. You can do this here: https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

I hope I could help you. Do you have more questions?

Bye

3. Re: Satellite A300 - I lost the recovery partition
    Master
    Os partition cannot help at all.
    You can install Vista (factory settings) now using Toshiba recovery DVD only.
    If you will be lucky and get this you will not be able to start it.

If you didn’t create it now you must order new copy for you.
    Just follow the link given by Lars.