Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A7 - Keyboard and Touchpad dont work after Standby or Hibernation

1. Tecra A7 - Keyboard and Touchpad dont work after Standby or Hibernation
    Beginner
    I have got a Tecra A7 with XP. Every once and a while when waking up from Standby or Hibernation, the Keyboard and Touchpad dont work at all. I can still log on using fingerprint recognition. Also an external USB mouse then works.

I have to Log Off and Re-Log-On using the external mouse to make the keyboard and touchpad work again. Very inconvenient, especially when you re in a hurry.... hehe

Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?? Any solutions??

Thanks for any help guys!!!

Cheers,
    OzzieMark

2. Re: Tecra A7 - Keyboard and Touchpad dont work after Standby or Hibernation
    Akuma
    Did you install drivers for your external keyboard or mouse? For example Logitech drivers?

Try uninstalling those 3rd party drivers, they may be conflicting with the Toshiba drivers.

3. Re: Tecra A7 - Keyboard and Touchpad dont work after Standby or Hibernation
    Luke
    Hello

Have you installed a driver for the USB mouse?
    If yes, remove it in Add/Remove programs.

Furthermore try to update the BIOS. You can find it on the Toshiba website:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

After you have tried this post your result. I hope it works for you. :)

Greets